Warehouse Window Blank

Where is the WEbCache folder?

@colin provided the path in his answer. It is a hidden folder so it is easiest to get there by observing his advice.

I followed that link and deleted WebCache folder, but got same bad results. I also tried rebooting, which did not help.

Is it possible to get some dedicated help solving this problem? I teach SketchUp remotely at Bellevue College here in Seattle (from this computer) and right now I canā€™t teach students, demo anything, make recordings, etc because of this issue which has now been going on for over a week. I realize you have many priorities, but really need to resolve this issue. Thanks much!

Diane Dieterich

I wish I could help you get this sorted out but this seems like a thing for someone at a higher pay grade than Iā€™m at. I wonder if @colin can get it sorted or figure out who can.

Do you have antivirus software running? Try to disable it.

I turned it offā€¦did not help.

Usually, when something ā€˜oddā€™ is going on, itā€™s because there (anti?) malware or an antivirus.
Problem with these, is that they restart after a reboot and are hard to disable.
Do you have another machine to test?

Iā€™m about to start teaching for most of the afternoon. How would testing another machine help resolve whatsā€™ happening here?

Any other ideas?

Someone else had the same issue and McAfee support found that his firewall settings were too strict. It sounds like the problem can still happen, but you could check if you have similar settings.

Okayā€¦Iā€ll check that out also. I donā€™t have McAfee, though, only Windows anti-virus. So if the firewall is the issue, it seems like it would effect many, many of your users, not just me.

In Windows there is a security setting, that has three settings. I know, from testing, that if it is set to the highest security, Sefaira fails to contact its server. I canā€™t remember where the setting is, but maybe you know what Iā€™ve referring too. I wonder if it could interfere with the 3D Warehouse window.

Ports is another thing to check. In particular, port 443 is used by some SketchUp sites. If that is blocked it would prevent the pages from working correctly.

Okayā€¦this is interesting. I booted up an older laptop and found that I had the exact same issue with it. So, that would seem to suggest that itā€™s not a problem with my one specific computer, but with my network / internet, correct? So, firewall within Windows or perhaps even my internet provider?

I had a new thought. SketchUp by default checks bing.com as a way to test if you are online. Do you have bing.com blocked?

I donā€™t use Bing, but not sure if I have it blockedā€¦do you know how I can tell?

Open bing.com in a browser, and see if it loads.

Yesā€¦it opens

Iā€™m having my IT work on this later today. Let me know if thereā€™s anything else you could think of to have him check. How long will you be available today for assitance? Is there anyway to reach you directly?

I have blocked Microsoft Edge and the issue still remains intermittantly

Hello,

Iā€™ve done the following so far and still cannot access 3D Warehouse within Sketchup2021:

Clear Browser Cache
Clear Sketchup WebCache Folder in AppData folder
Verified my router settings both Port Forwarding and Firewall/Proxy Settings
Specifically allowed Sketchup in Windows Firewall
Specifically added ā€œ*.sketchup.comā€ to Trusted Site list

Any additional assistance is appreciated.