Plugin has Load Errors during Extension Warehouse Review Process

I received an email saying that the review for the plugin I submitted was unable to complete and that there were load errors. And then this as an explanation:

c:/Users/tthomas2/SourceTree/sketchup-ew-review/src/su-ew-review/whitelists/whitelist.rb:46: warning: constant ::TimeoutError is deprecated
c:/Users/tthomas2/SourceTree/sketchup-ew-review/src/su-ew-review/whitelists/whitelist.rb:46: warning: constant ::TimeoutError is deprecated

Can anyone explain what this means? I do not know.

Thank you so much!

This sounds like a server side error being caught in the review, not an error in your code.

@tt_su

Nope - that’s a report from our internal review tool.
I wonder if the message has been clipped, because that is just warning which doesn’t really related to the extension.

What extension are we talking about here?

Hi

Thanks so much for your help. The extension is called “Solar Panel Modeller”,

Hi. I looked up the review, and the real issue was this part:

Unable to complete review. Load errors: File load error (KouameKouassiBronwynHorn_SolarPanelModeller/main.rb): Could not find included file ‘KouameKouassiBronwynHorn_SolarPanelModeller/main.rb’

It looks like you have hard-coded the file names to include .rb at the same time you opted to encrypt the extension. Upon encrypting the .rb files are replaced with .rbs and/or .rbe.

It’s best to omit the file extensions, SketchUp will look for files matching .rbe, .rbs and .rb in that order.

You can test the effect of encrypting your extension by using the signing portal:
https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/developer_center/extension_signature

1 Like

Moved topic to Ruby API category (as this is not a Technical Issue with the warehouses) and retitled to:
"Plugin has Load Errors during Extension Warehouse Review Process"

Hi,
Thank you.

I am trying to resolve this issue, even though I am the designer and not the developer (I don’t code).

So I dragged the file into the Extension Certificate Upload Form in the link you provided, and then uploaded, encrypted and signed the extension. It seems to be an rbz file now.

I can’t see where you would ask it to omit the file extension. Do all files not have extensions?

regards

Bronwyn

You’d have to alter the source code for this. Based on your error it looks like the root RB file of the extension do something like this:

extension = SketchupExtension.new("Solar Panel Modeller",
  "KouameKouassiBronwynHorn_SolarPanelModeller/main.rb")

But it would need to look like this: (no file extension)

extension = SketchupExtension.new("Solar Panel Modeller",
  "KouameKouassiBronwynHorn_SolarPanelModeller/main")

If the extension contains of more files they would also have to be checked for something like

Sketchup.require 'KouameKouassiBronwynHorn_SolarPanelModeller/other_file.rb;

and replace it with:

Sketchup.require 'KouameKouassiBronwynHorn_SolarPanelModeller/other_file;

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.