Vray tutorials wanted

I’ve been using SketchUp along with Vray for a while now, but only for my school projects. However, my Vray skills are not the best and are pretty basic. I’m working with SketchUp Pro 2021 and it happened many times that I can’t do the same things I see on the tutorials I’ve watched (with Vray too). Near the end of the school year, there will be this final project and I want to be prepared so I can give it my best.

Therefore, I am looking for some good tutorials for using Vray to make my renderings appear more realistic and if anyone knows some helpful videos please share down below.
And any pointers or advice is also welcomed. :grinning:

I would recommend starting with our free course on SketchUp Campus. After that, posting your renderings and settings here to the forum is a great way to get feedback from other users.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, I really appreciate it.

No problem. Good luck and more importantly, have fun!

1 Like

Hi,
I didn’t know about this course! Thanks!

1 Like

I just finished this course. Great course.

1 Like

Glad you liked it. Can’t wait to see your renderings :wink:

Well, I did these from the exercise just following along. Doing something original will take more work. I have to resist the urge to dive into one of my already high poly models, and just start with something simple.

I’m looking for more V-Ray learning resources myself now.

2 Likes

Nice work! Looking forward to see how you (and others who’ve taken the course) apply the same process to your own models.

I just finished the V-Ray for SketchUp: Modern Cabin
Exterior course. I couldn’t recommend it more. The course was informative and fun to complete.

I used V-Ray 6 which was a bit different than the version used throughout the course, but not so much that you couldn’t follow along. Looking forward to doing more in the future.

The problem with tutorials, especially with Vray, is that when we do them step by step, the result is the same as in the tutorial. And then it’s uphill… no one said that, for example, upholstery depends on the shape of the surface, why the proxy is inserted with some strange colors, that in the new version some option is no longer available … and that tutorials, the company ones, always this is done so that the future user will achieve this great result effortlessly and reach for the wallet to convert the trial version into a paid version.