Vray 3.4 preview light not rendered

Hi guys,

Working with Sketchup 2017 and vray 3.4 but i have a question.

How do i get vray / sketchup to force a preview of the light i place?
And i am not talking about the interactive render…

Grtz.

I might be wrong but i think there is nothing like that in V-ray. Similar feature is available in game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine where you can see immediate impact of the light (roughly) you place in viewport.

Why interactive render is not suitable for you?

Hey, i saw it in Vray the other day , it surprised me too.
Also the program is very buggy it seems, somethings not rendering the scene that i wanted to render… and the small buttons because i have a 4k display…

Anyway, interactive render is a hassle because it has to render the image… and with that preview i saw everything, the angle, the light intensity, the light itself

Where? Can you share it?

Also try asking in official Vray forum as well. You’ll probably get a proper and up to date info.

No that is the problem, it just showed up the other day…
if it happens again i will printscreen it…

Another question:

1. how can i enlarge the buttons? tried the large button tools… no work. Changing resolution back to 1080p will increase the size, but cant the buttons big on a 4k resolution?

2. how do people get those nice warm lighting? Cause if i set a spotlight in the bathroom, this is the result i am getting…

This is the result i am getting with plane light all over the ceiling

How do people getting this effect? Dont get it… the reflection ect…

You should ask your questions on the Vray forum. You will get many more Vray users seeing your questions.

In order to get this sort of ‘good’ renders, you need to ensure 3 things (which are equally important):

1- Your geometry must be refined and detailed enough for your needs. I see in your renders some ‘choppy’ objects such as mirror or washing machines has no buttons or wafer thin heater core or invisible liquid soap? :upside_down: Consider placing objects that makes the place alive.

2- Material must be elaborated. New Vray has quite a lot of premade materials that you can use or check other resources, investigate their material settings and tweak/test according to your needs. Slight bump or displacement on floor & walls might be useful.

3- Lighting and render settings might look harder than rest but actually easier. Consider creating lighting fixtures with regards to your scene. Investigate the ‘good example’ you shared for this. Read this manual for render settings and understand their functions.

I hope these help for a start.

Found it!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.