Vertex tools soft selection color coding toggle?

hello . trying to see the soft selection for vertex tools2 by the color coding shown in all the tutorials. is there a toggle for color coding, am I doing something wrong?

Are you hitting Return/Enter after typing the soft select radius?
GIF 13-02-2024 12-44-11 PM

It is also possible that you haven’t made the soft select radius large enough, you have it set to 30’, how far apart are the vertices in your terrain.

yes I did hit return, and I changed the soft select radius to 300’ feet as you pointed out the space between vertices was larger than 30’ (they’re at 90’) hit return… still no color coding :frowning:

What’s the distance between the vertices on the mesh? if its greater than the radius, the soft selection won’t affect the vertices.

as stated above in the thread…
yes I did hit return, and I changed the soft select radius to 300’ feet as you pointed out the space between vertices was larger than 30’ (they’re at 90’) hit return… still no color coding :frowning:

We can only guess, you need to attach your model so we can see what the issue may be.

VOILA!

You need to make the file accessible.

sorry bout that…working around midnight will do that, lol… its now unrestricted. @Box

My guess is you are entering a too small radius. The model units are set to Inches, so typing 200 will give you 200 inches but typing 200’ will give you 200 feet.
GIF 15-02-2024 1-18-25 PM

there’s definitely a quark im dealing with. vertex tools does not let me use the ’ symbol in the soft selection window, but after I hit return and select a vertices the ’ symbol appears as is shown in picture above and my file link. what I did notice later is that by chance I was using the vertices tool in an other style and the color coding showed up. I was in the middle of another action that my brain was wrapped up in and I have not been able to figure out what I did to activate the color coding exactly. im still getting my mind wrapped around the styles and the different ways that the can be overlapped with out realizing it. for example x ray. my style icons sometimes do not seem to respond. I just started to see that I can access what’s going on through the view>edge/face styles and that was a break through.

ps, Im probably the quark, lol

1 Like