VERTEX TOOL not working

I was trying to move the end of a stone wall , but Vertex tool came up with a message, that it’s unable to make the changes…When canceling the error message the tool does the job, but because of the message you loose controle over the fine tuning, so it ends up with something random…When I quite ,and re-try, the whole tool freezes and the gizmo is not present.

The only thing to bring it back to life is to restart SketchUp…which is time-consuming in the middle of the project.

I gave up on this and used FredoScale to mani[ulate the geometry, but it’s a bit different (also it’s a superb extension too)…Let’s face it, Vertex tool is brilliant when it works…

Now I am struggling to use it again, as it doesn’t seem to set a "soft edge with 10’ distance, which would be necessary to modify this terrain…I recently updated this tool and I wonder if this is why it suddenly struggles…Although since I bought it this would be the first time I would need it for my work and I have no time to find a replacement solution…

update: I needed to make the distance biggher for the terrain to work…my mistake!!