User testing with mobile tablets

This is why I think that my Galaxy Note 10.1 performed better as it was a wacom based android tablet.

“So for me the bigger tablet the better and the iPad is bigger than the others.”

Have you seen the Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13 and 16? Far bigger than ANY iPad that I am aware of :wink:
The prices are not for the faint of heart.

I understand that Wacom are great for desktop work but when you go to construction site, work on the go, or do ordinary stuff a real tablet is better.

2 Likes

I agree, the Wacom Mobile Studio Pros ARE real tablets :wink:

1 Like

There is a 12.9” iPad Pro. But you’re right, there really aren’t any tablets beyond 13, from any maker.

Sorry I didn’t understand that you were talking about those kind of Wacoms. That’s true, they are real tablets and are huge, perfect for drawing, have configurable side buttons and are fully working tablets, but one of them with 13’ will cost the same as 3 iPads with 12.9 and are less portable. The 16" one is more expensive than the surface book 3 15" and none of them feaures ios apps, which expand what we can do with windows or android apps.

iPad is still the best option imho (I’m a windows user and have an Android phone and not a fan of apple at all).

2 Likes

Hey, as always, use what works best for you. This is ALL that matters. :wink:

1 Like

The 16" Wacom is a real tablet. It’s also $3.5k USD but it will also run full desktop programs. Also has upgradable ram and storage, what a concept!

I understand. I think you know what I’m saying in general though. Outside that the standard size ends at 13” because beyond that you’re into laptop sizes and prices. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For a windows drawing experience solution, besides wacom and surface you also have a lot of convertible laptops. Those are very good options too and cheaper than the above.

1 Like

Also looking at an alternative pencil for my iPad Pro as I seemed to have lost mine recently during classroom surveys :frowning: I took it in my bag as I thought I might need to pull up some PDFs from the web and I have no idea when it fell out.

This one seem to be a contender…
link

1 Like

If you buy it and feel that it’s good enough, just say it here. It’s definitely a bit cheaper…

1 Like

I will. I just pulled the trigger on it. It will be here next week so I’ll be sure to give a review on it.

1 Like

I was considering only Samsung Tab S7+ - 12.4" screen. Slightly smaller that iPad due to proportions, but still very similar. (and better for video, although that is more a question of user preferences)

1 Like

It’s true, it’s more a matter of proportion and only slight size increase. For drawing I think iPad works better. It has more playground in the middle, where the action is. Videos are less important to me.

1 Like

The Wacom Bamboo stylus lacks the great palm rejection you get with the Apple Pencil, but it does come with a nice case that holds extra tips and USB adapter. Why a premium product like the Apple Pencil doesn’t come with a nice case, I don’t understand. It’s harder to lose a case than just the stylus, and I swear I’m going to lose the little Lightning adapter somewhere without a good place to keep it.

2 Likes

Not sure about the Wacom Bamboo but I felt that the Wacom screen on my Galaxy Note 10.1 was superior to what I have on the iPad Pro. I have not tried a newer Galaxy S7 to compare to what I had before.
Yes, I had lost the cover for the iPad Pencil some time ago and now the Pencil itself. Some student probably found themselves a nice $99 stylus :wink:
This is the case that I am using. It has a little sleeve at the top for the Pencil. It must have just slid out.

I signed up. I would love to use SketchUp Pro on my iPad Pro 12,9"!

5 Likes

@ericdbohn — I do a fair amount of modeling with Sketchup for Web on my iPad Pro 12.9”. I have/use a Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech) and Bluetooth mouse (also Logitech) as well as an off-brand/3rd party Bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad. (It travels a lot better than the Logitech combo.) I’ve registered for the UX program and look forward to participating. (I also have a fair amount of input that I’m ready to give right now!) :wink:

2 Likes

I have a iPad Pro 12.9 second generation. I didn’t know you could get a mouse to work on it??

It works very well for most things. Scrolling for zoom in SU does NOT work with it. I don’t think middle button for pan works either. I haven’t tried since last iOS update.