UPDATE #2! Extension Warehouse Planned Maintenance and Downtime (We are live!)

Hello,

Extension Warehouse will be unavailable starting at approximately 11:00am MST (18:00 UTC) today, Tuesday the 10th of December. The downtime is expected to last for 24 to 48 hours as we are doing a major reconfiguration of the website. Thanks for your understanding and patience as we work to improve our services!

UPDATE: Our data migration completed successfully early this morning and we are moving forward with our changes. WOOHOOO!!!

For the next few hours we are running through a number of tests on the live site. At this time, purchasing is disabled for users. We expect purchasing to be enabled in the next few hours.

Thanks Everyone!

Chris Fullmer

4 Likes

UPDATE: Our data migration completed successfully early this morning and we are moving forward with our changes. WOOHOOO!!!

For the next few hours we are running through a number of tests on the live site. At this time, purchasing is disabled for users. We expect purchasing to be enabled in the next few hours.

Thanks Everyone!

6 Likes

Update #2 - We are fully live. Extension Warehouse should be up and running and accessible by everyone. Check out the blog post to see what we’ve been working on!

Thanks everyone for your patience,

Chris Fullmer and the entire Extension Warehouse Team

4 Likes

Chris and Team, thanks for the new and improved Extension Warehouse!

A quick question, the feature in the old EW, where you could find a list of the extensions last listed (whether new or revised versions) was rather useful to me, how do I go about doing / finding that now?

By the way, I see the SU2020 option slider in the search options, is this an indication that the release is imminent? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahem…

To me it looks rather like 3D Warehouse for extensions, which promises a bright future.

I believe when clicking a developer it is less comparable to filtering that developer but you rather get to the developer’s “store”. If you want to search and narrow down, use the search box and then you get similar filters like in 3DWH (for whatever reason, operating system is not a filter in the left sidebar, but implemented as tabs).

Extensions that are not downloadable on Extension Warehouse, but still listed so they can be found. They refer you to a third-party download site.

Clicking on a developer has always taken you to their store. However, in the old warehouse you could click Browse All Extensions and then filter by developer and other properties. In the new warehouse you can do a similar thing by searching with a blank search field, but I don’t know if it is intended or just a side effect from how things work. A “Browse All” button would be nice though.

EDIT: Jut noticed I can’t filter by author :confused: .

I’m a developer. Please can you tell me how I access my approved extensions for editing?

@Camlaman, Go to your My extension page.

And open the tree dots sub menu to access Edit page.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!
The dots are very faint on my screen which is why I didn’t notice them.

1 Like

I agree. Fading out background/borders/unimportant stuff to focus on what’s important is nice designwise, but the snowman menu has a functional role (and a quite important one as it’s the only control element).

While I have personally no problems yet with eye sight, it is important that text and functional elements have enough contrast. The snowman has a contrast ratio of 1.19 (failed WCAG 2.0)
See: Color contrast - Accessibility | MDN

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the best place to report this, but one bug detected on the new EW. The publication date of an extension is not updated.
My extension was update a minute ago and the date is 2017/05/21.

I’ve said it before but we need the Edit Description and Draft New Version commands somewhere on the extension description page. If you are already seeing the extension, it makes no sense to go away from it, go somewhere else, and view it anew from there.

1 Like

+1
I agree with the question

And a stupid question, but why links aren’t possible in extension description in the new EW ?
It’s a security question ? Description without links is very poor :frowning:

Same - it’s logged as fit-and finish to be correct soon. Right now we’re addressing some other post-launch issues we’re finding.

3 Likes

It’s on our list to restore some formatting capabilities. Good change it might be MarkDown.

4 Likes

This is currently being worked on.

Keep reporting issues here as you discover them.

1 Like

Yes ! Top !

Ok, nice. Then I would appreciate that the “user counter” was back if it’s possible. Because if the value is good it’s a good indicator of the usage of our extension.

2 Likes

The big benefit of this new warehouse is that we are finally in a good position to make improvements. The old warehouse’s codebase was originally created in a very short amount of time and we’ve had a very hard time just keeping it running.

This re-write has been a big project, some features where cut back for initial re-release, but slated to be reintroduced. So please share what you’re missing the most and we’ll continue improving the new warehouse.

6 Likes