Unsocial media and me

Continuing the discussion from Menus changing, … not for the better:

I personally never joined or signed up for Linkedin, a former student added me to there invite list and all my professional details were added to their database even though I declined the invite…

After months of unsolicited Linkedin invites, I requested for it to cease…
eventually, they informed me that my details belonged to them because they had been added to the database by a registered member for them to disperse to whom they saw fit…

I didn’t find anything professional in their behaviour, and although you may have a useful/fruitful experience, I hope that all those you invite do also…

From my experience, if you, as a signed up member, invite your best paying client to join you on Linkedin, they will send that clients details to all your competitors and a host of others Linkedin clients …

Eventually ,they reluctantly removed my details from their database and the invites ceased…

maybe things have improved. but please don’t invite me…

john

3 Likes

I agree John, I have avoided lockedin for years and still get bombarded by people trying to link me.
Having been an admin on several forums over the years I have come to know first hand how insidious they are and nearly impossible they are to weed out.
I simply consider them spam. Even on this forum there have been quite a few of their emails posted by unknowing members.

2 Likes