UnSelectable / locked geometry?

It works, Dave! :smiley:

1 Like

Ah yes, a version of this shows itself in a way when working on scaled up geometry. If you have a component open for editing that has been scaled up and try to click outside the open bounding box to close it it won’t work, until you zoom out far enough to click some distance away.

Although I suspect some possible progess in @colin’s answer above I still don’t see any problems in ‘Lasso’ selecting all the components in the ‘lego’ model. All components seem to have ‘Reset Scale’ and ‘Scale Definition’ available, this without any any instances with their original scales still in modeling space.

I tested with another new component > scaled up > deleted the original > saved the file > inspected the new file and my component had the same ‘Right Click’ options available to reset the scale etc.
And there didn’t seem to be any issues to close the larger scaled component when clicking outside the bounding box (related to the quote above, @Box).

This was all done in the latest SU for Web version (Sept 14th) on Chrome book.

I was referring to this issue in the desktop version, haven’t noticed if it is in the web or ipad version.

The selecting issues only happen in desktop builds that nobody outside of SketchUp has used, and in one of the iPad beta builds. The release build didn’t have the problem. We’re lucky really that Dani hadn’t already updated to the release version.

The problem was fixed internally yesterday, and any future updates won’t see the selecting issue.

Closing the loop here with a note to say that the October release of SU for iPad v6.1.1 included a fix for this issue. After updating, if you’re still seeing anything like this happening please let us know!

1 Like