Unistalled sketchup 2017 by mistake

I am using Sketchup pro 2023. It was running really slow, so I decided to optimize the PC and to uninstall unwanted apps. I unistalled sketchup 2017 as I thought it is no longer needed. However, when I tried to run Sketchup 2023 I got an error message that mfc140u.dll was not found. How I can I fix this so that I could use sketchup again?

Get the latest installer for SketchUp 2023 at sketchup.com/download/all. Right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator. Then when the option is presented, choose Repair. Restart your computer after the installation finishes and see if that fixes the issue.

Also fix your forum profile. It says you are still using SketchUp 2015.

Thanks for the quick reply.
However, I tried what you suggested, but I still get the same error message.
Any suggestions?
Gilead

Hi,
I ended up uninstalling all of the sketchup apps and reinstalling new.
That still didn’t work, so I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ package that contains the dll file and that worked.
(The problems vegan when I deleted the C++ app with the other apps and the dll file that I guess is needed by sketchup)
Sketchup still stops responding when I work with a file only 10MB.
I have worked on much larger files before and it worked OK.
My graphics card is the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050. How can I improve sketchup performance?

Gilead

How many edges and faces are there in the total model, as displayed by the Model Info dialog? How large are any images in the model?

Disabling profiles and shadows (in the style settings) can significantly help performance. Setting the view to Monochrome can also help, if there are complex textures applied.