Unique page URL and new "group-like" entity with attributes that can be used for auto-text

That’s not a bad idea, it would help guide new users as well as more savvy Forum users to the areas of focus. Reinforcing concepts is always beneficial!

Just in order not to forget I would add one more idea for a new feature, which is in line with previously mentioned ideas. In case if clickable references would appear, why not to add an export to HTML and/or SVG with support of clickable references so LayOut may become a web-design tool suddenly :slight_smile:

So are there any other professionals (or otherwise) out there that would be excited to see this concept implemented in some way? I’m guessing that without a little more chatter this concept may be passed over.

An extremely minor afterthought…and this has absolutely no diminution of the validity of the concepts expressed hereinbefore. BUT, it would be quite unusual for an architect to develop a building section at a scale as small as 1/16" = 1’-0" and the same would apply to the plan view as well, although developing a plan at this scale may be somewhat more acceptable on occasion. (Small scales such as 1/16, 3/32, 1/64 etc. are often used for very large entities such as subdivision layouts or site plans encompassing large areas.)

1 Like

Yes, I’m certainly aware that 1/16"= 1’ is a scale rarely used. I dont think I’ve used it on many occasions, perhaps site plans. I only used it here because the sheet size used on the example plan is letter size and on a page of that dimension the actual scale for the garage is 1/16" = 1’.

It’s the letter sized paper that is the most unrealistic part of the example but of course I wasn’t trying to create a full plan. Just a simple example. But I agree with what you are saying.

Hi all-

This is a great write-up for this feature request. This type of cross-page linking is definitely one of the directions that we originally hoped that Auto-Text would go, but the “page id” concept is one that we hadn’t thought of yet.

-m

4 Likes

I’m happy to hear that it is in line with your development direction (at least in some ways). Also glad to know some of the SU members have at least read and considered the proposed request. I’m guessing that if you could implement the “page ID/URL” concept along with the assemblage concept a whole host of interesting and powerful features could emerge.

I have no concept of how difficult this might be to do but you are a clever bunch, I’m sure it will be a piece of cake :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! It would be nice to have another Auto-Text in a LO text that extracts the scale from the current view port and updates automatically if the scale changes.

Also a feature in SU that I can have an option to print a footnote with an auto-text specifying the Scene names when printing.scenes from SU…

Yes, This was one of the possible attributes that I thought would be helpful. I like the idea that you could import a scene from SU and the construction documents would auto-populate Scene name, page name, and scene scale. Pretty slick if we can get it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.