Unclear behavior of faces when the scene is rotated

Hi, how can you change the display behavior of faces, in this view mode face is not visible and merges with the internal background, if we change the viewing angle than the face is visible. I use basic style, without customization.

If you attach the SKP model file, other users may be able to explain the behavior exactly. Has the face (front side and/or back side) been painted with a partially-transparent material?

It kind of looks like there is a softened edge there.

Also the anti-aliasing is poor. This may be due to integrated graphics.

I agree with @DanRathbun. Maybe the edge is softened or hidden. It might also be that the edge of that face is behind the neighboring face.

As @TDahl indicated, if you attach the .skp file so we can see what you actually have, we can help you figure out the fix.

Is this a Dynamic Component you have set up?

DC_Edge.skp (405.5 KB)
Sorry, forgot about the model. Added.

@DanRathbun I am using a virtual machine. But the same thing is repeated on other Windows or MacOS platforms, the web version has a similar situation. Materials are not used, settings are all basic.

Hmm, maybe

The thing is that in this model it shows up if you hide the doors and rotate the camera

In other models, it happens with the table top, which is on top of the model and not hiding anything. Therefore, I believe that this is something of the styles, unfortunately I have not worked with them enough and can not understand what can affect. What settings affect the softening.

Opened the model. It looks nothing like your screenshots above.

In the future … If you want us to look at what you posted, then provide a model with a scene page’s camera set as you posted above, looking at what you posted above.

softedge

3 Likes

I can see what you are describing. You have the edge softened as @DanRathbun guessed. Note when I turn on hidden geometry…

softened

You also have the edge softening angle set to more than 100°.

2 Likes

Actually I guessed it first, and yes I confirm. Hid the doors found the edge was softened.

2 Likes

Sorry. Fixt.

1 Like

You’ve also softened edges on the toe kick.

If you want the toekick panel to appear as a continuous run when you have several of these components side by side, don’t soften the edges. Hide the edge AND the end faces of the toe kick component.

Here’s an example of the difference.

In the front the edges at the join are not treated at all. In the middle, the edges are softened as in your model. In the back the edges and faces are hidden. This is with Profile off in the style. The faces are bleeding through.

Here with Profiles on like in the style used in your file. Note that even with Profiles on, the seam line doesn’t show in the one where I hide the edges and faces.

This is what they look like when pulled apart.

3 Likes

Thanks, I found smooth setting image
Thank you all very much, now I understand that we have never set this up, so I could not even guess where it is.

We will update the models now.

The default setting for Angle between normals is 20°. As long as the angle between normals is greated than 20° the edges won’t get softened/smoothed. No need to go all the way to 0°.

2 Likes

Excuse me, but how can you hide the lines of the individual elements included in the component. With the skirting I really came across the fact that if they go in one line, I can see the edges.

And how can you repeat what you showed in the picture.

You just have to open the component for editing, select the edges and the face on the end and either choose Hide from the Edit menu or right click on the selection and choose Hide.hide

Hell, it’s as easy as it is hard.
Our baseboard is one piece, but I’ll keep that in mind for the future. We did it in order to change its size as a dynamic component.

That still works with dynamic components.