Tutorial For Making A Zoned Drawing Border Template

Hi!
Here’s a link to a tutorial for making a zoned drawing border template with SketchUp® LayOut® 2017.

Tutorial For Making A Zoned Drawing Border With SketchUp® LayOut® 2017

Background:
Among the existing drawing templates in SketchUp LayOut 2017, I had trouble finding a mechanical-drawing-style one with a zoned drawing border.
I have learned that zoned-borders can help me point people on phone calls to spots on drawings.
Note that zoned borders have their edges sectioned-off with letters and numbers, where letters are along the outskirts of the vertical edges and numbers are along the outskirts of the horizontal edges, or vice versa. For example, a spot on a drawing that is intersected by the third vertical border section and the second horizontal border section, would be referred to as ‘C2’.

Legal stuff that pertains to this posting’s hyperlinked content:
I (GregC) claim, as of the date of this posting, that I have the appropriate intellectual-property sharing-rights over the content that is made available by this posting’s hyperlink.

1 Like

Hello again!
Here’s another link to a second tutorial for adding a revision block to the zoned-border, SketchUp® LayOut® drawing template that was generated from the prior tutorial.

Tutorial For Adding A Revision Block To An Existing Zoned-Border, SketchUp® LayOut® Drawing Template

Here’s a link to a third tutorial that shows a way to model a truncated cone in SketchUp® 2017. Note that this modeled cone will be used to create front and side views of a third angle projection symbol in an upcoming, Sketchup® LayOut® 2017 title block tutorial.

Tutorial For Modeling A Truncated Cone In SketchUp® 2017

Here’s a link to a fourth tutorial that shows a way to add a title block with a third angle projection symbol to an existing, zoned-border SketchUp® LayOut® 2017 drawing template.

Tutorial For Adding A Title Block To An Existing, Zoned-Border SketchUp® LayOut® Drawing Template

Here’s a link to a fifth tutorial that shows a way to auto-populate an existing title block with text in SketchUp® LayOut® 2017.

Tutorial On Auto-Populating A Title Block With Text In SketchUp® LayOut® 2017

If I can make a suggestion: The most successful tutorials are the ones where the steps and images are actually listed in the thread (rather than a link to somewhere else. Also, you have created a string of different tutorials inside a single topic… Seems like each ot the tutorials you liked to are different, yet they reside under the “Zoned Drawing Border” thread.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.