This morning I’ve spent some time reviewing my roadmap and my “todo” list. I’m still working on the straight skeleton implementation, and that is the big one right now. The small upgrades and fixes I’ve released over the last few days have been some low hanging fruit that I’ve gravitated towards to break up my heavier coding sessions. Its rewarding to achieve a few small victories and push them out when your bogged down and progress seems retarded.
The plugin as a whole has quite of bit of functionality but it also is very limited in many respects. This really jumps out at me when I try to model up some recent homes that I did structural work on a few months ago. The biggest issues seem to be:
- Inability to cut holes in floors or create polygon floor outlines.
- The same issue with roofs in that the plugin is only really good at rectangular roof outlines. The straight skeleton implementation will address this, at least for rafter roofs initially, truss roofs will be a much bigger problem.
- There is no function for editing a roof or floor assembly, it’s fire and forget. This feature would be particularly useful when you botched one parameter and just need to go back and edit something minor rather than recreating the entire assembly (not that this is too difficult).
- I’m missing a good staircase creator/editor.
- Not all of the truss types are up to speed with all the recent advanced options, so much to do.
- The manual is almost non-existent.
The list of limitations goes on. The plugin has potential but its certainly a work in progress and far from the polished gemstone it needs to be.
With all that being said I feel like moving my price to $40.00 was and is probably a bit of an over reach. Personally I would not pay that amount for the functionality offered, its too much. I’ve dropped my price back down to $30.00 and the renewal price is now $20.00, hopefully this is more commensurate with the amount of functionality and utility offered.
At some point in the near future when I have fully addressed most if not all of the above issues then I will look at raising the price to its former level.
For those users who purchased the plugin at the $40.00 price I have no problem in extending your license a pro-rated amount. Please feel free to email me with your request for the license extension.