Trimming an edge that is too wide

I made a very complex object essentially perched on a flat bed. Unfortunately, I made the outside dimensions of the bed too big. I just need to trim a piece off each edge – picture trimming off the bottom of a door to accommodate new carpeting. I need to do that with each edge. Push/pull doesn’t work because the upper surface seems to be locked. There must be a way…

Yes. I’m sure there is. Without seeing your model, however, we would only be guessing at the right way or ways to handle it.

It’s just a rectangular block, A x B x C. I just want to make it (A - 1/4) x (B - 1/4) x C. Seems like it should be simple, but it’s not, at least for me. Scaling doesn’t do it, since I only want to reduce the perimeter.

It should simple and scaling probably is not the best option.

Could you share the SKP file? Privately if not publicly.

Such a stupid editing system.

sample skp.skp (135.9 KB)

This is what I get when I use the upload facility on this site. I don’t know if you can read it or not.

Yes. I can open it. You were right. It is something simple.

In order to make a change to the size the way you want, first open the group for editing. Then Push/Pull will work fine on the edges.

Thank you. I kept trying to push/pull the wrong surface (this file is from the beginning of my project and only includes the base), This should go in my “Doh…” book.