Touch mouse for people with carpal tunnel/ tendonitis?

Hello,
I experience severe weakness in my mouse hand after a few minutes of clicking a conventional mouse.
The pressure needed to “click” past the internal spring seems to be the culprit…
Can anyone recommend a “touch only” mouse for Windows- i.e, a mouse that needs only detect a finger to select?

Thanks!

Have you tried a tablet and pen? It sets your hand in a much better position and won’t cause the wrist issues you are having.

2 Likes

I’ve had trouble with my touch mouse, or magic mouse, for Mac. I recently switched to a vertical mouse which is supposed to be better for carpel tunnel, etc since it moves your hand into a more natural position. Still lots of scrolling/clicking so not much I can do about that.

1 Like

I don’t have carpel tunnel but I used to get a odd twinge in the shoulder opposite my mouse hand.

I started using the Logitech Vertical sometime ago, but also I use AutoHotkey to map the caps key to do a single click (tapping the caps key twice is a double click).

In Layout I also have the tab key do a double click (in SketchUp mapping the tab key to do a double click messes with some of my extensions)

1 Like

All good points. I’ve started hitting Return, or Enter for PC to enter into deeply nested groups to avoid clicking over and over. Every little bit helps.

1 Like

Maybe you have them…

I use Curic’s To Level and VBO’s Jump to Levels to edit nested groups

2 Likes

This sounds like a great fix!
Would this allow me to hover and press a hotkey to Select?
(I am not having success with assigning a hotkey for “Select” at the moment so any tips are appreciated…
Thanks!

Spacebar is already assigned as the ‘select tool’. This is not the same as selecting an object. That still, to my knowledge, still needs a physical click of the mouse bottom to select an object.

If you were minded to you could use AutoHotKey to remap the caps key to perform a mouse left click when SketchUp is active.

You could hover and then press caps and you would select…

No but I will on your recommendation…
I rely heavily on the number pad as a carpenter/ cabinetmaker, so I’m anticipating a bit of a learning curve coordinating the two…
Enjoyed your book I bought when it first came out fyi.
Thanks again!

Sounds great- Can you tell me how to assign this functionality?
My goal would be to hover over a target object, and then use the Space Bar to select…
Thanks!

Sounds great- Can you tell me how to assign this functionality?
My goal would be to hover over a target object, and then use the Space Bar (or any hotkey) to select…
Thanks!