Topography

Hi family, I did be grateful if I can be directed to an alternative ways to getting my land topography, because I can’t seems to get the high network to work with my Sketchup. Thanks in advance.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Complete your profile.

What is this “high network” you are referring to?

1 Like

High network, I mean strong network connection.

And what version of SketchUp are you using?

I am using Sketchup 2016

Make or Pro? Why won’t you complete your profile?

You can import an image showing the lines of elevation and trace them with the various drawing tools.

I use Sketchup Pro, and I can only trace when I have the topography line works. I tried pictures using pictures of the site but it is not exact to help me calculate the quality of materials to use

I would to it right away

What are you using for your data source for the topography?

I only tried using Sketchup 8 to get my data then and have to use it for the second time now. I use Sketchup regularly but not for topography, except for now that I have made Sketchup my only drawing tool

What data are you using? SketchUp 2016 doesn’t have any direct access to terrain data anymore no matter how good your network connection is so you’ll need to come up with some source for that. Maybe a survey or something else. Then you need to find out what file type you can get the data in. If all you can get is an image, you’ll have to settle for importing it and tracing it. Maybe the agency that supplies the terrain data has it available as a .dxf or .dwg file which you could import into SketchUp.

2 Likes

Thank you very much DaveR. I will fine a data source for it.