Thumbnails for SU files do not Display in Windows 10

When I do a File Open in SU2018 there a no thumbnails displayed for each file, just the red SU icon.
Likewise, Windows File Explorer, thumnails are not display, just the ref SU icon.

How can the thumbnails be displayed?

When installing SketchUp, a .skp thumbnailer is registered in Windows Explorer.

A possibility is that the .skp thumbnailer is not properly registered or the reference to it is broken. Have you already tried a repair installation of SketchUp? (rerun SketchUp installer, it fixes SketchUp program files and registry entries but keeps user data unchanged).

1 Like

Danke Sehr Aerilus. Once I did the Repair for SU2018, then the Thumbnail of each .skp file displayed.
Regards, John

2 Likes

I’ve tried with SU repair and doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried to install SU2019 trial - same result, I’ve tried to install SU Viewer - thumbnails doesnt appear. The bug came when I’ve uninstalled SU2017 with Revo Uninstaller, because it was impossible to unistall it with windows 10 app uninstaller. I am sure that the problem its in registry, but where?

Have you gone into Windows File Explorer and ticked Preview pane in the view menu?

Yes, I’ve ckecked this too. All others thumbnails are showing with no problem. It is only SU thumbnails didn’t show. In Windows settings I see that all .skp files are linked with Sketchup Application, but still no result.