The passing of our friend, Grant Imahara

Today, we grieve a huge loss in our community with the news that our friend, fellow maker, and 3DBC colleague, Grant Imahara has suddenly passed away. We’re thinking of his family and friends during this difficult time. Thank you for the laughs, excitement, innovation, and inspiration. Grant, you are deeply missed.

27 Likes

What a sad thing.

Liked your post. Not the news.

2 Likes

Stunned.

1 Like

I read it this morning, sad news…

1 Like

Very sad news for sure. I remember watching his keynote at 2018 Basecamp - he created some amazing stuff :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Stunned too.

3 Likes

That was such an awesome keynote. Such sad news

1 Like

The circle of life, we all have that appointment one day. Sad news indeed, always so when someone passes. A person is never really gone until they are no longer remembered.

2 Likes

Deeply sorry.

1 Like

Looking for words, to no avail, it’s very sad news.
I wish his family and friends all the strength to bear this grief.

I do remember his keynote at 3D Basecamp 2018 with joy.

1 Like

My deepest condolances go out to Grant Imahara’s family and freinds. Grant was taken from his family and friends and us fellow modelers in the physical world, but his spirit, presence, memories, and teaching the realms of 3D Modeling will live foreever within our hearts and minds throughout the cyber spacial worlds of time.

1 Like

I’m not much of a pop culture fan, but I definitely watched every Mythbusters episode at least once. I’ve always wanted to meet the crew. I had the chance to hang out with Grant at Basecamp.

Much of what you saw of him on screen was a kind, caring and delightful nerd. After talking with him for a while it was abundantly clear that it was no act. He was through and trough a nice person and a true maker and geek.

For a little bit of remembrance and catharsis check out this podcast:

Adam Savage goes into some wonderful stories about working with Grant back in the day even before Mythbusters. Those two had a much longer history than I ever realized.

2 Likes

That’s really sad. Yet another good, creative human leaves us.

1 Like

Very true! :cry: :cry:

1 Like

He was an inspiration! Mythbusters was one of my husband’s and my favourite shows. It was always so interesting and thought provoking, …science as fun!

1 Like