At DevCamp in Athens we open sourced our second iteration of TestUp - the unit test framework we use internally: https://github.com/SketchUp/testup-2
- Works with SketchUp 2014 and newer
- Where as in the old version you had to copy your tests to the TestUp folder which was hard coded you can now just add the path to where your tests are located in your own project folder.
- Builds upon the MiniTest gem which is extendible if needed.
- Wraps the MiniTest framework such that if we change the underlying library we can preserve compatibility.
- Allows you to set up manifests for the tests so TestUp knows how much coverage you have.
Documentation is still in progress, but that is coming: https://github.com/SketchUp/testup-2/wiki
This is also a great tool for developers to report bugs in our API. If you send us a test unit that replicates the bug it makes it much easier for us to fix it - saves the time of going back and forth trying to replicate the exact conditions.
Use it, share it, fork it, improve it, like it!