Terrain created using Smoove tool not casting shadows

Hello,

I am running into this issue where terrain I created using the smoove tool isnt casting shadows. I have selected the faces to make sure are set to cast and receive shadows, and they are receiving them fine. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Running Sketchup Pro 2019 on a mac.

Thanks!

To me, it appears the gentle blue bumps in the terrain are not high enough to cast a shadow.
Notice the curved seating in the scene barely casts a shadow.

Sharing the model would help us help you.

1 Like

Also, from the few shadows visible, it appears the sun is almost directly overhead. Shallow bumps won’t get shadows then.

1 Like

I wondered the same thing, so I made one of them absurdly tall and it still wasn’t casting a shadow.

Attached is my model. Thanks for your help!

edit: not letting me upload model. its fairly large. i will try to scale it down and post later tonight.

I can almost guarantee there isn’t a problem, and that it has to do with the angle of the sun. Your sun is quite obviously directly overhead meaning regardless of how tall you make the hills, they won’t cast shadows as you’re expecting. This is due to the curvature.

Try changing the time to later in the evening and you’ll then see some shadows appear.