Teacher with old computers - sketchup 8 files

I’m teaching middle school with 10 year old computers - Windows 7 - and they work fine with Sketchup 8, but will not run the web based school or free version.

system: dell optiplex 780 Win7 Pro sp1 Intel Core 2duo e7500@2.93ghz 4gb RAM Intel 4 series graphics chipset - tried using chrome and firefox with WEBGL enabled.

(1) Are the 3D warehouse files for sketchup 8 available anywhere?

(2) If not I’d like to build a small library of drawings for kids to add to their own projects - particularly dwellings, architectural items like trees & bushes and vehicles. If anyone has old files that you’d share with me or know how to access SK8 warehouse files please shoot me a line.

Thanks

Elzie

Hi Elzie. I edited your post and removed your personal information due to forum guidelines. Thanks!

Do you have access to a computer that will run a newer version of SketchUp? The solution would be to download the 3DWarehouse files you want to use and save them back to version 8 (any recent version od SketchUp can save back to any previous version).

2 Likes

I’ll try that… if it will do that I’ll be good to go! yes I have other machines that will run the school version.

thanks

Not sure if that will do what you want. You need to run a local copy of Make or Pro,

IIRC, SU for Schools only saves in v2017.

I’d really like to find some old files and build a little library. I’m sure there are people out there with sketchup 8 files - I’m looking for cars, homes, architectural details like trees, bushes, etc.

If you install a newer desktop version of SketchUp you can save any file down to an earlier version.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.