Tag highlighting

SketchUp Pro 21.0.338 on iMac running Catalina 10.15.7.

I like the outline featured added to the tags however when I click on a tag to simply enable it, the highlight color is a dark blue behind black text, not very readable. I looked in Preferences and elsewhere but can’t find any way to change the highlight color, yellow would make things much more readable.

Am I out of luck, or am I missing an option setting somewhere?
John
2020-11-23_14-49-54

hello, the last mac I owned was a performa 6300… So maybe I’m wrong, but here it is :

Have you tried to change appearances settings in macOS preferences ? It may be following your own system rules.

a quick search on google says :

1. Go to the Apple menu and go to “System Preferences”
  2. Choose the “General” preference panel.
  3. Near the top of the panel pulldown the menu next to “ Highlight color:” and pick the color to change to.

Tell me if it works !

Paul,
You’re right, it seems to be derived from the OS preferences but wow, the translation is not exactly subtle. My iMac preferences shows highlight as a light blue (e.g. robin egg) and that is translating to the dark blue. I’ll have to see if I can find some compromise

Thanks for your quick response

you’re welcome !

Relating to Highlighting Tags, wouldn’t it be great if when you have single-clicked on a component in the model - (a component which has been assigned to a Tag, the Tag would be highlighted too, instead of having to look up at the Entity Info dialog box - read the text, then scroll through the tags trying to remember your A to Z.

Hello, you don’t have to leave your entity info panel in the default tray. Create a new tray and check the entity info for it, you’ll be able to pin it (or let it float) anywhere on screen and won’t have to scroll down or up. But I see your point, it would be nice :slight_smile:

Hi Paul. how do I create a new tray? I’m using a Mac. not sure if that would make a difference.

I do have the Entity window floating by itself so I can always see it -
but the endless scrolling - by this I was meaning within the Tag list itself.
In this model I have hundreds of tags, so when I click on a component within the model I have to read the text in the Entity Info box to remember which Tag it’s in, and then scroll down the long list of Tags until I find it. It would be great if when I click on the component in the model, the Tag window would jump to the associated Tag automatically.

With the new 2021 version, I have dramatically reduced the list by the use of folders and sub-folders so it’s not quite as annoying as before. But still, it niggles at me.