Suddenly stuck in Russian

I’ve been using SketchUp for awhile. This morning even, I was using it no problem. But at some point, it switched to Russian language. In SketchUp settings, I see language was set to Russian (Thanks, Google Translate). I tried setting it back to English a few times, but it hasnt worked. My windows 10 laptop hasnt had any language/region changes and its not impacting any other sites or programs. How can I set my language back to English successfully?!

I even tried settling the hl=en argument in the url, but that doesnt help.

Windows 10
Chrome Version 117.0.5938.149
SketchUp Web Free

Do you use VPN? Maybe @colin has an idea of how to fix it.

There is a globe icon at the bottom left corner to change language:

web_lang

I do not. I am accessing over my normal cable internet provider directly. In the NY, USA area.

I attempted to change my language a few times. It asks me to restart, just as its pictured in your example. But when it reloads, it is still in Russian.

1 Like

I wonder if there are some temporary files you could try trashing before connecting back.

Perhaps you can try to delete Cookies and/or locally stored data for app.sketchup.com in Chrome.

I was avoiding this at all costs. But, I wiped everything in Chrome.
This did work. It sucks re-logging into hundreds of sites, but hey that’s the cost to get my work back in English.

Thanks!

FYI:
Delete specific cookies

  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings .
  3. Click Privacy and security. Third-party cookies.
  4. Click See all site data and permissions.
  5. At the top right, search for the website’s name.
  6. To the right of the site, click Delete .
  7. To confirm, click Delete.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.