SU Pro 2021 Load errors

I have recently done the update to 2021 from 2020 and have migrated, or updated, or re-downloaded most if not all of my plugins/extensions. On thing I have encountered is a new “Info Box” showing “Load Errors” when starting the program. I do not recall ever having this problem when upgrading from previous versions going a long ways back - certainly not from 2019/2020, etc. I looked at previous posts, but these were from 2016 so they are not very timely.

Do you have any suggestions as to how best to clean this up. I presume it has to do with the file names associated with 2021 v 2020. But why didn’t this occur before?

Error: #<IOError: Stage directory, “c:/users/ksnel/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/ams_clothworks/libraries/stage/win64/2.7”, is missing!>
c:/users/ksnel/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/ams_clothworks/extension_manager.rbe:95:in require_all' c:/users/ksnel/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/ams_clothworks/main.rbe:723:in
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in eval' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/Users/ksnel/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_ClothWorks.rb:37:in register_extension’
C:/Users/ksnel/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_ClothWorks.rb:37:in <module:ClothWorks>' C:/Users/ksnel/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_ClothWorks.rb:7:in module:AMS
C:/Users/ksnel/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_ClothWorks.rb:6:in `<top (required)>’

The load error is from Clothworks not being compatible with SU2021. Clothworks has not yet been updated for SU2021. Anton is working on that update and it’ll be released as soon as he can get it done. In the meantime you might as well remove it from the Plugins folder or just click through the message when you start SketchUp. Keep an eye on your Sketchucation Extension Store tool for when it is updated.

Thanks, Dave.

P.s. the message box when an extension load fails has been standard for a long time. You have either been careful or lucky to not have seen it before.

I believe it is because I had not purchased Clothworks prior to 2020. Clothworks seems to be the culprit upon closer inspection. (Thanks, Dave.)

1 Like

Glad it was an easy thing to sort out.

p.s. Don’t forget to update your profile. It says you are using SU2018.