The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [InstallMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.0.0 {version}
Running checks for package ‘Microsoft Windows’, phase BuildList
The following properties have been set for package ‘Microsoft Windows’:
Running checks for command 'SketchUpPrerequisites64\MinimumWindowsVersion’
Result of running operator ‘VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo’ on property ‘VersionNT’ and value ‘6.1’: false
Result of running operator ‘VersionLessThan’ on property ‘VersionNT’ and value ‘6.1’: true
Result of checks for command ‘SketchUpPrerequisites64\MinimumWindowsVersion’ is ‘Fail’
‘Microsoft Windows’ RunCheck result: Fail
A prerequisite failed for Package "Microsoft Windows"
Package failed with message “Installation of SketchUp requires Windows 7 or later.”

Any suggestions?

Hi @jcjcor

Although I do not understand why Win10 would report a VersionNT of 6.0.0, I think this might be where the problem is coming from:

The following properties have been set:
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.0.0 {version}

and

Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionNT' and value '6.1': false`
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '6.1': true

As per this article, Windows 10 VersionNT should be 10.0

VersionNT 6.0.0 = Windows Vista/Server 2008

So when the installer checks if VersionNT is GreaterThanOrEqualTo 6.1 and VersionLessThan 6.1, so as to check if it is running on Win7 or later, it fails and thus the error message: “Installation of SketchUp requires Windows 7 or later.”

That’s as far as I can go so I’ll leave you in the good care of the SketchUp staff for the next steps!

Good luck

Please try Right-Clicking on the installer and running in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

please stop spamming threads with your Linux jabbering not related to the described problem in any way, it’s pretty annoying.

I am unable to install and get the following message: “Sketchup Make 2016 (64-bit) Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error/ You system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again.”

This is my first effort to install but since the message, I have tried 3 more times with the same result.

ensure that your operating system including the browser of the OS is fully uptodate.

run SketchUp setup with admin rights, e.g. by “right-click > Run as Admin…”.