SU camera match tool shows wrong camera orientation values

he is looking at the ACT statistics shown on the screen after he uses Match photo…

I tried to use the API to generate the same set as those, but could not find a way of ‘matching’ ACT’s result for ‘Roll’…

I can also not find a way of generating the OP’s expectations for tilt or roll…

have a look at the scenes in his second upload…

john

Yes, the problem is with ACT reports wrong values. If the image plane was a square (aspect ratio 1:1) the problem is going to be the same with ACT values given after Matching photo tool.

Cropping an image to square aspect ration will only make changes for horizontal FOV. So the main other values of the perspective in my drawing are as before (vFOV=120°; x=20°; z=30°) but SU still shows us previous wrong values.

So what’s the result of this discussion?)

Match photo works great and the coordinates don’t actually have any impact on workflow.

the OP’s example skp’s show that ‘Match photo works’, so that is not the issue…

the OP’s issue is with their workflow invoking ACT’s camera statistics…

if your workflow needs those statistic’s for reporting, rendering, storey boarding, …etc, then you may also consider any inaccuracy an issue…

understanding the exposed inaccuracy may have impact in seemingly unrelated areas…

john

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.