SU 2021 Follow me tool

I seem to always crash SketchUp when I use the “follow me” tool.
Does this happen to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong someone else may have figured out? Should I stick with older versions for now?

Thanks!

It doesn’t happen to me. Can you share a .skp file in which you experience this?

Is it really crashing or do you get the message that SketchUp isn’t responding?

Yeah, I’ll try, it only seems to be when I’m making chair legs haha

It closes on my and then the “report a bug” pops up and I have to reopen SketchUp

I assume you mean Bug Splat? Are you sending them in with some identifying info so that someone could look at them and help to identify what’s going on?

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That is, did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator?

1 Like

Make sure that you send in the crash reports. The SketchUp folks do read them, and, for instance, @colin might look them up.

1 Like

Be aware though that much of the Trimble team is on holiday break. There may be no response until the new year.

1 Like

Are you running some plugins, especially renderers? If you do, you might try disabling them before trying FollowMe again. Updating your graphics card driver might also help.

There is a follow me tool related issue we are checking into. I can’t say what the exact details are, but it’s a specific combination of things that can lead to a crash.

You could show a small example file, and I might be able to tell you if you are seeing one of those cases.