Student turned in model from Warehouse instead of their own work

Understood.

Yes, I totally agree, she did not meet the criteria, but her take is, that she ā€œexceeded the criteriaā€. She does have a floorplan, which actually fits the size and it does have furniture and appliances. So, in her eyes what is the problem, that in addition to all that, she has added a nice roof, garden and all the other things. She really wants a good grade and that is why she has done all that extra stuff. It is really frustrating, and that is why I was hoping I could find this design in the warehouse. Because that would be absolute proof of her cheating.

To sum it all up. I wanted to thank everyone here for their input. This is the first time I posted something on the forum, and the speed and professionalism in your answers has been fantastic. I will definitely take your ideas into consideration and maybe Iā€™ll be able to prove that the work is not hers. If by any chance someone comes across this model, then please, let me know. :slight_smile:

One last thing I did not mention here. The students did also have access to the installation file of SketchUp Make 2017 (many complained that the online version was lagging a lot), but if I am correct the models in that warehouse are also in the SketchUp for Schools warehouse.

Itā€™s the same 3D Warehouse for all SketchUp versions.

Best wishes in dealing with this difficult situation.

I remember my wife working for weeks without end on a construction documentation project for college.

It was the most amazing construction doc I saw in college.

Our professor said it was really amazing and it was impossible that she had been the one doing it. No matter what we said to him he didnā€™t believe and insisted on the wrong idea.

She should have had the best work and got an average low grade. The biggest injustice.

However she showed hard work in all her assignments, which probably is a different scenario than the current case.

She may well make a good CEO or politician from the sound of it. (oops, the student, not your wife.)

A retrumplican at that.

Yup. This student seems to have a nice set of skills.

I totally understand your point, but trust me. I spend sometimes hours on end grading projects, re-opening projects I have already graded to compare, sometimes raising or lowering grades to be as fair as possible towards everyone, before I finally submit all grades. My wife gets on my case sometimes, that I spend too much time on this, but I just feel the need to be as fair as possible, so the same thing happens when I know that a student is trying to trick me, I do all I can to prove, that that is what is happening. I feel it is fair towards everyone. This student did not even know she used feet and inches instead of meters. Also, she thought the roof has only one layer underneath the solar panels, and when I questioned her about both of these she tried to weasel her way out. Basically, itā€™s not enough for me to give her 0%, yet, but I have more information now, so weā€™ll see what will come of it. Again, thanks everyone for their contributions.

1 Like

@adrian.dabek Found itā€¦itā€™s on Pinterestā€¦only took me 5 minutesā€¦

Oh dang it gets worseā€¦

Webpage: https://www.pinterest.com/markjohnsonfaia/sketchup-3d-projects-and-collaboration/

Mark may not be amusedā€¦lolā€¦But then again maybe her name is Mark?

7 Likes

@adrian.dabek Yea itā€™s there in the Warehouseā€¦just run a search for "MIT solar homeā€¦itā€™s under the ā€œProductsā€ tabā€¦

Tell her a circle of lies is a viscous mooferā€¦

4 Likes

Well that settles that!
From Whirlpool in 2014. Not even obscure.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user/0933254982491998009231333/Whirlpool-Corporation?tab=collections

1 Like

OMGosh, Jim-Tzu. You are a genius. Thank you so much. Now, this makes it so much easier. Also, thank you monospaced for the link, and one more time thank you to everyone else who contributed to catching this cheater, especially DaveR, who kept in touch with me and provided me with a lot of vital information via email. You all are the best!!!

5 Likes