Ok, so many of my thoughts agree with others who have already commented. Here’s my point format list.
- Spaces seem disproportionate. i.e. room are too deep and hall is too long OR too wide.
- Not sure of your exact brief OR if this is simply a “for fun” project but I agree with comments regarding space efficiency - typically for that amount of space, developers would want to maximise occupancy.
- Related to point 2, in one room there is an interesting space saving setup with walls being chalk boards and desks under the beds (economy design in an oversized space) BUT then the adjacent rooms seem to be more upper end boarding with 1 student per room. If the intention is to have various design options, perhaps consider placeholders for bedrooms in the main design AND have separate layout options elsewhere.(This is probably a presentation idea more than a design point.)
- The bathroom is large. I would imagine that 3 ladies getting ready in the morning, with 1 bathroom could be a unique challenge. Perhaps consider separating the shower and wc into their own separate cubicles each. Then you can have a communal basin / counter / mirror setup with at least 1 additional basin. I have seen in some places where a small basin / mirror is placed into each room.
- I like the triangles hanging in the kitchen. I assume those are custom designed LED lights. If so, COOL!!
- Kitchen layout seems good in terms of the functional appliances (stove/sink/fridge) being within reach of each other. I might be tempted to move the spice rack closer to the stove.
- That’s a unique kitchen cupboard design. It feels different but I’m not sure if I like it or not. Can a person reach across those lower units to the higher counter, comfortably? I imagine a slightly bent posture would be necessary, which may be uncomfortable. Just a thought (seeing as it’s student accommodation and you have quite a bit of space), have you considered 3 x individual kitchen units on castors that are lockable? Then each student could have their personal kitchen items, which are on wheels that they can position as they think necessary.
- No living room?