Streamlined Couch Frame with Wool Rug

regarding the settings, I’d like to have some idea about all of them. The only one I understand from just its’ label is Thickness. And I don’t know the units there.

In the first post in this thread there is a link to the download page for the extension. There is a manual for the extension on that page…

I looked through the manual. I did not find any explanation of “shear”, “damper”, etc.
Is it there?

Not in quite dictionary terms, I’m a little surprised the UI doesn’t have an info popup describing how these factors affect the cloth. Although the physics of it all is quite technical. I think they’ve wrote the manual in such a way that the end user “just gets it done”. The manual does give pretty good walkthrough instructions on how to perform each operation, in cases having to stop the animation and adjust the sliders to achieve the desired effect.
I would try to explain how I see the terms but to be honest I don’t want to mis-inform, or embarrass myself.

I guess one can experiment and begin to find out what is the effect of all the variables. It would help a lot to have some hints. I assume that factors that matter are:

• the stiffness of the cloth. i.e. how easily it bends.
  • thickness must have some effect. Although I didn’t notice that it shows on the cloth itself. It looks like maybe it affects the distance that the cloth keeps from a collider (object that stops or supports the fabric).
  • I don’t see where the weight of the cloth figures in. Maybe in “density”. It would help a lot to know what the units are. e.g. is density in lbs/cu ft? Seems like metric is being used, so Kg/m3?
    If anyone knows, it would be great to make a first pass at describing the variables (there are a lot of them), and feel free to make clear you aren’t sure and maybe made a mistake (that someone else can correct).