Strange happening on the screen when drawing?

Hi

Although I downloaded Sketchup some time ago I only started using it recently and have been drawing an arrangement of teller’s counter which is t be installed on the project I am currently working on. Today for no apparent reason, well not to me I started getting strange happenings when I started drawing this morning. For example; when I draw a line a series of squares or diamonds appear of red or other axis colours. If I press ESC and move the drawing tool, then I get a fan-like set of black lines. I have attached a prtsc as a .jpeg file to show more precisely what happened.

Can anybody throw any light on this phenomenon? I have put quite a number of hours into this model and would hate not to be able to bring it to a conclusion.

Regards
Davidbw

It looks like graphics card issues. You could try updating the drivers. If you are really using SU8 as your profile and screenshot indicates you can also go to Window>Preferences>OpenGL and disable Hardware Acceleration to see if that helps.

How long ago did you download it?

Thanks for the advise DaveR. I’ll post the results shortly.

Cursor trails … it’s a graphics card issue on handling Fast Feedback.

See this article at the SketchUp Sage Site …
https://sites.google.com/site/sketchupsage/problems/other#TOC-Cursor-trails-

Thank you Gentlemen, much appreciated.

Followed both your advise and disabled the hardware accelerator and no problems since.

Regards
Davidbw

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.