STL Error Export

stl
export

Hi there,

I have a problem exporting my sketch file into stl. I keep getting a error but do not know what is the cause nor understand the message. I have paste the message it provide to me. Does anyone know what’s causing this or how to read this?

Thanks,
Aaron (newbie)
Sketchup2016

SketchUp STL Exporter:
An error occured during export.

undefined method -' for nil:NilClass /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:222:inget_vertex_order’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:103:in write_face_ascii' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:98:incall’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:98:in write_face' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:76:inblock in find_faces’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:73:in each' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:73:infind_faces’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:68:in export' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/exporter.rb:337:inblock in do_options’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/events.rb:82:in call' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/events.rb:82:inblock in trigger_event’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/events.rb:78:in each' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/events.rb:78:intrigger_event’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/window.rb:357:in event_control_callback' /Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/window.rb:311:incallback_handler’
/Users/aarontjin/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/sketchup-stl/SKUI/window.rb:269:in block in add_callback' SketchUp:1:incall’

I am having the same issue w/ SU Make 2017. Has there been a solution posted?

@Boeing777 - please enclose your error message in backticks (`). Or better, three backticks then the word text, with the end of the error message also followed by three backticks.

Like this:
```text error message ```\``
Otherwise, the forum software tries to treat it as HTML and swallows some of the characters.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.