Start and End Dates of Reinstated Licenses

When I renew my maintenance and support agreement on time, I get another year of upgrades and support. So if my support agreement expires on Jan 1, 2018, as long as I pay my renewal (currently $120 for a single user license) before Jan 1, 2018, my support agreement is extended to Jan 1, 2019.

If I don’t pay on time, there is a 30 day grace period after which a reinstatement fee is charged. So if my support agreement expired on July 1, 2017, to reinstate the agreement I have to pay a fee (currently $60 for a single use license). This fee will increase if the support agreement is not renewed within a year of expiration. So, after July 1, 2018, the fee will be $120, and the total cost will be $120 fee + $120 renewal = $240 to renew.

Now my question. When does my reinstated support agreement expire? For example if I pay $180 to renew on January 1, 2018, does the support agreement expire on Jan 1, 2019 or July 1, 2018? If I pay $240 to renew on January 1, 2019, is my support agreement good till January 1, 2020?

After the support agreement has been expired for 3 years, it can not be renewed, and the license can not be upgraded. Does it cost the same to renew an agreement that has lapsed for 1 year as it does for an agreement that has lapsed 2 years and 11 months? If I pay $240 on June 30th, 2020, does my support agreement get reinstated until June 30th 2021?

the first, the maintenance period starts with the the date of ordering the reinstatement/upgrade.

yep.

yep, but you do obviously have no access to a more recent resp. newly released version (typically quart. IV) during this time frame.

yep.

I in general would avoid ordering a(n) reinstatment/upgrade at the latest day of the reinstating period especially if not located in the time zone of the supplier.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.