Stacked Views Not Working

I’ve just gone through the LayOut fundaments tutorials from the SketchUp campus and was trying to use the stacked views feature in one of my projects. However I cannot get it to work in that file for some reason. Specifically, I am trying to stack two views on top of each other that show the same section in model space. The first view will have darker lines highlighting a stairwell in it’s surroundings. So I have a view which has a scene that has everything turned off except the stairwell on top of a view which has more elements turned on but with lighter lineweights. According to the tutorial this should make a combined/stacked view with the stairwell popping out because of the heavier lineweights. What I’ve got instead though is just the first view. The background of the first view is obscuring the second view rather than being transparent like in the tutorial.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Nevermind, I figured it out. There is a checkbox in the styles toolbox which turns the background for a view on and off and I had it turned on.