SpaceNavigator Mouse doen't work in New Install of Sketchup 2018 on brand New computer

… and mine is a early 2018 Hackintosh. :innocent:

Here’s an update.

I emailed 3Dconnexion and asked about the problem and whether I could return the mouse if it proved unusable. I think they provided me with a very helpful and honest response:

"For SketchUp on mac I have had feedback about the issue you’re describing regarding the memory. However I have tested this myself and ran the computer for three days in a row but was not able to recreate this problem.

I can’t guarantee you 100% that this issue will not occur on your computer, if it does we can then try to troubleshoot it should you want to.

As for refund this is only possible if your order through our web shop."

This is pretty standard in many - perhaps most - industries. The manufacturer will fix or replace under warranty, but won’t return your money if you didn’t by directly from them. Returns for money back (or store credit) are usually only available from the business that sold you the item.

Indeed, and it seems fair enough.

The update to this thread is that I did bite the bullet and bought a SpaceMouse Compact. So far, not only does it not work with Sketchup for me, but I now have the dreaded memory leak issue as well. Am currently awaiting a call back from 3DX to troubleshoot the problem. If that fails, I guess I will have to take them up on their offer to refund.

thats odd, worked straight out of the box for me in SU after installing the driver - just had to set it to use Camera Target Mode and all was good. Ihavent got the compact, just the Wireless version.

For anyone still having trouble with their SpaceMouse, refer to this thread which contains the solution I eventually found: 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse setup - #59 by simoncbevans

All working OK now?

Yup. I’m a happy bunny.

1 Like

goodo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.