SolidSolver destroys my ShapeBender created shape when trying to make it solid

I used ShapeBender to create the shape I wanted. It worked but when I use SolidSolver to make the shape solid, Solid Solver tears it apart.

My SketchUp file is too large to upload so here’s a screenshot of after I use ShapeBender:

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Did you try solid inspector first? After you get the problems it ids. fixed then use solidsolver. However I would not think a proper model should exceed the up load limit. I would suggest you try a new model and use followme tool and keep the number segments at the min you think is reasonable. You can upload your model to one of the file sharing sites, like drop box, then share its url here and others can open.

Solid Inspector reports 114 Surface Borders and 11 Internal Face Edges.
Helmut solid group and VFP logo scaled and aligned with unbent Brim lined up before ShapeBend.skp (1.7 MB)

You need to scale up before you do the Shapebend.
Here I have created a component of the parts, made a copy and scaled the copy by 100.
The large one can then be edited and the edits will appear in the small one.
When done, delete the large one.
Even scaled by 100 there were a few faults in the front face caused by the inward curve that I restitched.
Helmut solid group and VFP logo scaled and aligned with unbent Brim lined up before ShapeBendBox.skp (1.2 MB)

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.