Sketchup stopped working

So I’m back to where I started. My understanding was ew would lose the support but we could use the product going forward.

As I explained, you’re maintenance ended after the new version was released, therefore, you had received the new license info (serial starting with ‘W’ and authorization code)
Probably, it was activated by someone, which triggered the grace period. Now, you can use version 2021 perpetually.
The new file format in 2021 is supposed to be ‘versionless’ from now on, which means files created in newer version (2022, 2023, etc) can be opened with version 2021.
So in a way, version 2021 is more ‘perpetual’ than 2020.
You just need to install and get that license info.

so we can’t keep using 2020?

You should be able to and hopefully @colin can step in and help make it happen. But you should also make sure that you can get to 2021 if your licensed for that.

Personally at home I have it on my own license, but I have not installed it so I can work with the office file. unlike other programs (AutoCad) I can’t set it to save to a previous version automatically. mine expires in few weeks as well. since we are not all in the office I can set up everybody’s profiles like in the past so we are all working with the same set up/look.

Also its pain in the @## updating all the extension and other programs I have to track and update if they don’t work.

Years ago your support did end on March 20th, but at some point that moved back a bit, and your current support ends on April 1st.

The only license I can see is a normal single user license. You’re currently using the 2020 version of the license, and you do have a 2021 license if you want to use it.

After April 1st your 2020 license will still work, the one license I can find does not have an expiration date.

I don’t see any subscriptions for you. What other licenses might you have? The one I’ve been looking at may be your own license that you mentioned. I’ve searched under your name and company name as well, and don’t see any other licenses.

1 Like

One other thing, you had a similar issue a year ago, and I sent an email with some suggestions. Can you check for a message from me on 2/26/2020, and see if the steps I gave solves the problem again? If you can’t find the email I can give the steps again.

I don’t want to get the 2 confused here.

The one I started with on this thread was the office version which is a site license with multiple users . since our IT Department was moving so slow on this issue and all of us are working from home, some folks are using the office license and they are dead in the water. the office is currently on v2020.

I use my personal license at home which is a single user version and up/down load the files I need to work with the office. but that also is my concern that on April 1 my personal version at home will stop working. I have the license and have a version of 2021 exe file ready to install. But to be compatible with the office version I have not installed it.

The 2nd issue from a year ago worked find on my home computer since I control it. The office version has to be handled by out IT dept. The users cannot access or change that information. I have a ticket with the tech department through my office email that I hope I can get SKU and our office to talk to each other like tomorrow so we all can get our work done. Any help in that area would be appreciated. i could send you a contact adn some one could contact them to help out?

Your home one will continue to work ok after April 1st. Glad it’s doing well still.

For the office license, can you tell me enough about it for me to look it up, to see what problems it may be having? you can direct message me if you like, and let me know either the serial number, if you know it, or the email address that is associated with that license.

I have to go out for an hour, but will leave this page open so that I see right away if you have replied.

1 Like

sent you some PM’s

Thank you