Sketchup scenes export with jittery, uneven linework

I was asked to provide a link to my file, so I did.

Shall I resend it? And include a message?

It seems OK now. If you send new files, I understand this can be avoided by including a message. You can upload small files like this directly by dragging them to your message. The limit is several megabytes (16, I think but I am not sure).

Is your friend also using a Mac? Is the resolution the same? One thing that can make a difference is the selected Antialiasing option (Preferences>OpenGL). SketchUp must be restarted after you make changes to these settings.

I marked your earlier message as Not Spam.

The linked file is the same file I gave you, isn’t it? Did you post a link to your file?

I linked a simple animation as you requested. Mine is called Test skp. Let me know if you can figure out what the problem is. Thanks

The file that was in your Google Drive link is my file, renamed. What should your Test.skp look like? If it’s small enough, you can attach it in your reply. No need to post on Google Drive.

This is my file. I made exactly what your file was. Thanks

Test skp.skp (65.3 KB)

That would be why it looked familiar! Your file exports looking as good as mine did. Can you do your export and reply with the .mp4 file it makes?

Plea see attached.

Check this out. And send HELP!

I’m not seeing anything jittery or uneven in that clip.

What issues do you see in this export?

Share the SketchUp file from which you got that last screen shot.

Hi there,

Just following up to see if you were able to figure out the issue here.

I would love to get that resolved… thanks again!

drive_2020q4_32dp.png

I think we are still waiting for either a model of yours that will export poorly for us, or a video from you that shows what you are seeing. Ideally, both would help, then we could export the same file and look for what is different for us.

If it ends up being only your computer that exports badly, I’m not sure what the problem will be.

I have sent over the link to my original file a few days ago.

Just tried sending again, but bounced back as I am "unable to attached more than 2 link in the same post.

Let me know if you can dig it up or should I start a new post?

The file is too large to attach in here.

This is again, a high res jpeg exported from my file. It way off…

The images of your project don’t provide the information we need to try to sort out your problem. The test file you sent isn’t the same as your project file. Upload the project file to DropBox and share the link since it is too large to upload directly.

As Dave said, upload the exact file you sent the screenshots from.
It might be an issue with your antialiasing settings, image export settings, style settings or then about the distance of your model from the origin, or its extents. Also, some badly made 3D Warehouse components can cause model extents problems by their own.

Hi, just started a new topic as for some reason I wasn’t able to attach link to my original file here. I have been trying for a few days now and it keeps bouncing back.

Let me know if you have any questions. I do appreciate the help!