Sketchup problem "underground"

Hey! I have a question…
I use Sketchup pro and I’m making scenes, but there is a problem.
When I use the position camera tool, half of my screen shows what’s “underground”.
I want my scenes on the surface of my Sketchup model, but I don’t know how.

Is there something I can do to fix this?
Thanks!

Open the Style panel ([menu]Window->Styles)
Click on the ‘in model’ collection (little house icon)
The current used style is ‘highlighted’ (blue surroundings)
Click on the ‘Edit’ tab
Click on the third icon and choose your background settings
Enable ‘Ground’
Update the Style in the preview window

Mind you, all previously used styles are in the ‘in model’ collection, you need to be sure which Scene uses what Style

1 Like

Hey!
Thanks a lot for the help, but I think I’m still doing something wrong…
I added a photo to show you.
I followed your steps (or so I believe haha), but half of my screen is still underground.
Do you know what I do wrong?
Thank you!

What you see is called “clipping”. You can search the forum for the term. In short, it is usually caused by either the large distance of your model from the model origin or the large extents of your model.

2 Likes

Yeah we can see the green axe, but not the other (red,blue)
It is always good to have your model ‘centered’ at the (original) drawing axes’s origin and preferably cover a square sized area. Odd ratio’s will cause issues, too

1 Like

Thaks! I got it! I didn’t know the name of the problem, so I couldn’t search it (:

1 Like

Thaks! I got it! I didn’t know the name of the problem, so I couldn’t search it (:

You might get better result with those trees if you use a style with transparency set to nicer. No guarantee, but something to check. If it slows down the model, you can just use that style for output.

1 Like