Sketchup Pro make other programs/whole computer freeze

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I’m facing a really annoying problem with Sketchup Pro: each time I let Shetchup process something on my model (like draping group of lines on a TIN), each software I’m using in the meantime periodicaly freeze/not respond for some minutes, like every software Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Firefox, Outlook, even winexplorer.exe and task manager.
The whole computer become unusable fore some minutes and then come back to normal state, and freezes again and so on…

I’ve tried with Sketchup Pro 2018 and 2017, no difference.
Tried to lower cpu usage on sketchup.exe, force it to run on a specific cpu core, force it to run on GeForce or HD Graphics. Nothing to do, still freezing periodicaly.

I don’t understand why, my computer can totally handle it: i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz, 32Gb Ram, GTX 1050, SSD 970 Pro (on load, su.exe only use 15%-20% of my cpu, and 10%-15% RAM).

It is actually ruining my workflow, does anyone has already experienced this kind of issue?

Can you update your profile to start with - OS, desktop or laptop, etc

Just did.
Any idea?

An unusual problem (unless we are IT pros).
You seem to know a fair amount about windows settings - so there are a variety of options to pursue.

You could start with WIN event viewer and see what crashes are occurring - then follow up on the web to find fixes (WIN forum, etc.).

I would lean towards a WIN “fresh start”, if it is looking like 4 hours to research and repair the issues.

I am wondering if it is related to gaming apps - do you run any on your laptop?

Do you do thorough anti virus scans?