SketchUp oval imported from DXF

It’s full of gaps. It’s easier to redraw it than fix it.
43%20AM

Here it is with Curvizard Weld as I suggested before.
Weld

Unfortunatly my computer won’t allow me a way to install extensions, can the web version access curvizard?

No.
There should be no reason why you can’t install extensions in SU 8 if that is what you are using. But the file you attached was SU 17 so I don’t know anymore what is going on.

Desktop had 2 versions of sketch up prob where it went weird? I’m wondering if I have actual copies of sketch up since I can’t access the warehouse or anything.
Can’t download any newer version as they aren’t support ha

Will it work on sketchup make 2014?.. laptop has that haha

Who knows, SU8 and SU 2017 should be working fine side by side on a Win 7 Desktop. I’m have a Win 7 that was originally a Win Xp and it can still run Su 8 through to 2019.
If you have installed things wrong or have strange versions or don’t know how to do things then I can’t tell you if it will work on your laptop.

A 2017 file won’t open in 2014, there are ways around that but that is walking down a long dark alley I’m not going into.

You need to make one version, preferably 2017 but 2014 if needs be, work and be able to install extensions. Without that it is pointless to continue.

I got 2014 working and the extensions… the shape looks like doo doo but it’s cleaner…
Guessing tracing is the only way to smooth it

If I trace it looks ok, yet if I zoom in I’m way off base? Any easier way to trace?

what about importing an svg file?

Fredo’s Curvizard or BZ Toolbar extension might help.

Did you see the GIF above posted by Box using the Curvisard plugin and “Make Curves Weld” tool? That method avoids the need to trace the import and gives smooth geometry.

It seems to me that you wasted enough time on this curved shape that your old computer can’t handle that maybe now it’s time to cut your losses and redraw the shape in SketchUp using many fewer segments so your computer can deal with it. Then get on with the model you are supposed to be creating from this shape.

You said way back in your other thread about this that you thought it was made up of circles.
So work out what size the circles are and how far apart they are and join them up.
Flat%20Egg

2 Likes

Yes, weld didn’t work quite well the other does ok

I was also able to successfully export from scan2cad a rough form that works better.
Needs cleanup still but looks alot better