Sketchup issue

Hi there, I was working on a model when suddenly sketchup gave me bugsplat error and closed the model. After that when i tried opening it it says that “This is not appear as sketchup model”. I tried different methods opening it and nothing worked. Can someone help me please, i need it asap fixed.
04_OneByOne.skp (2.2 MB)

Looks like your file is all zeroes. Nothing left to open in SketchUp. Where have you been saving it?

What version of SketchUp are you really using? Youput ‘SketchUp for Schools’ in your forum profile. That is a web based version for school children.

What operating system? You put ‘2023’ as the answer but that is not an operating system.

Has been saved on a local disk (samsung 980 pro), not the system local disk C, Sketchup 2023 pro studio, OS: Windows 11 pro. Sorry for posting here, its my first post and I didn’t saw the options, I will change it right now… my bad.

So Windows 11. Look for the .skb backup file and share that. Maybe there’s something viable in it.

I already tried opening the skb file too, but nothing.
It doesn’t allow me to upload the skb file but here is the link to it: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

That one is also nothing but zeroes. It looks like you’ll need to start again.

Is the samsung drive you have been saving to internal to the computer? Or is it external? Try saving directly to the C-drive.

To update your forum profile click on the R in the pink circle at the upper right of the forum page. Then the person icon followed by Preferences.

The samsung drive its installed internal on the motherboard, I was keeping this only for working projects. I will start again then, but I would like to thank you for your time and help :slight_smile:

Your .SKP is completely FUBAR.
It’s full of ‘null’ characters.
Are you saving across a network etc ?
This can cause this kind of error if there’s a glitch.
Your only hope is if you have .SKB Backups set up.
The SKB will contain the previously saved version of your work [meaning you will have lost the x minutes of work since your last save] - it can be renamed .SKP to let it open in SketchUp.
If you also have AutoSave set up then it might also have a copy of the .SKP, being a copy of the last time it was saved…
The location of your autosaved .SKPs is
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\SketchUp\SketchUp 2023\SketchUp\working\SKETCHUP\RecoveredFiles
but they are auto-deleted if a save appears successful, as it might be in your case as the file is now full of garbage…

Dang - DaveR beat me to it !

Your SKB file is just like your SKP file - FUBAR and full of ‘nulls’.
Have you looked for the AutoSave version ?

1 Like

It should be fine then. Typically these kinds of file problems occur when saving to some external location.

Sorry it isn’t good news but it’s something to watch. If you are really using SketchUp Pro you musst have a subscription so you would have unlimited storage on Trimble Connect. In addition to saving your file on your internal drive, publish it to Trimble Connect to create an additional backup copy.

Took a look on the \RecoveredFiles folder and its empty. Also tried renaming the skb file to skp and it shows the same error then bug splat. I guess I’m starting again, good thing is that i lost only 3 hours on it :sweat_smile: