Sketchup instead of R*V*T a plea for user friendly BIM

PlusSpec is perfect for small-intermediate size projects–It will prove a great success as part of the SU family (no pun intended revit)–I use PS a lot with SU–but many times I dont need the BIM option in the the SU presentation—great arrangement as an optional tool for SU

Baggins

1 Like

Hi Andrew, Sorry but somehow I missed this thanks for taking the time to further enlighten me.

I will keep following Plusspec as I see tremendous potential in it. Right now I just don’t feel it fits my current work, but I can clearly see it fitting many users.

Good luck and thanks!

1 Like

Hey Guys, if you are following PlusSpec, you may like to look at PlusSpec 2017, it will be released very soon and it has some amazing new timesaving features. If you are an existing PlusSpec user, contact the office if you want to get your hands on the beta version. There’s been a lot of functionality added which was requested by many of our users. We spent a lot of time dealing with terminology in the USA and foundation walls etc. Also, there is the option to subscribe monthly for the professionals who only do a few projects per year.

1 Like

Hello Andrew,

PlusSplec sounds really interesant.
I would like to know if is possible to add personalized elements. I need it to built Boothes (Stand for exhibitions)
I just need a pluging that allow me to create a library of components, access easily to them, and when a finish the modeling, count of the diferent pieces used in the Stand Design.

Do you, or eny other else give me a recomendation?

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel Mora

You could just use the tools that SketchUp already has:

1. Create parametric models with Dynamic Components.
  2. Create a local component library form the Components dialog box.
  3. Use the Generate report command for estimation needs.

You could also try to use Profile Builder for that: Page Not Found | SketchUp Extension Warehouse
It is able to create parametric profiles and assemblies + has estimation tools.

Hello Sr.
Really grateful for your answer, i going to try your tips.
we have a another issue to fix. besides count elements, we also need to be able to know different attributes for each element like, area, weight, volume, And cost (diferent costs, because we rent and sell, and we need to know the total price in both cases) of all elements in total.
If you have some ideas would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

Emmanuel Mora

attached, a kind of list that we want to obtein, and one of the stands we built.

:

Hi @emmanuelmoratapias, Try the suggestions above in Sketchup Pro if you are only doing 1 or 2 per year, PlusSpec is predominately for stick and brick construction/residential homes and apartments etc. The automated take off will be itemised into lists that are purchased by stage, and you can associate any cost to any item, structural member, material and it can be repeated over an over. You can find out more here

Emmanuel if all of your work is predominately custom I think that you would probably be better off using the SketchUp example given by Speaker. If, on the otherhand, you are building conventional construction EG: timber frame/truss, Brick, Concrete, CLT, lightweight cladding, EPS, metal roof, tile, shingle roof ETC then PlusSpec is the answer. See examples

1 Like

Hey JQL we spent almost six months improving the Window tool in PlusSpec 18 for Sketchup and added IFC classifications. It is pretty cool, and it also has standard sizes windows for the US. This is just a small part of this release, you can check out the release notes here https://goo.gl/yDrXnA
Windows%20in%20double%20walls%20in%20Sketchup

1 Like

Hi Andrew, are those window types designed by user? Can we use any profile for windows? Or are those things predesigned by you guys?

The window shape is defined by us and chosen by the end user yet the overall window size, pitch and section size of the mullions and glass type is defined by the end user in the dialog. The window is cutting the framework behind the wall for a bill of quantinties or a cut list an dthe point loads studs are defined by red. The windows cut multiple skin walls and wainscott walls. When I get a moment I will upload an image, yet I am pretty sure it is in the free trial on the PlusSpec website, let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

JQL there are also standard size windows in the New PlusSpec 18. These windows are set sizes to work with brick sizes, they are all Dynamic and you can redefine, move and delete at any time, you can also define the sill size type and pitch and all these windows cut through multiple skins and create framing structure . :slight_smile:Standard%20Size%20Windows%20%26%20Sills%20BIM%20in%20Sketchup%20IFC%20PlusSpec-%20Small

1 Like