Sketchup Illustration & Similar Work

Meanwhile I’ve drawn a couple more simple cube-like buildings… Where do you find the time? Or you’re just that fast?

the majority of things I post are including parts from my library, so sometimes there is hardly any ‘new’ modeling just re arranging components for the most part.

However this whole robot is new, but yes I can model very quickly now, I’ve been doing little parts at a time after work but If I added everything up it’s only at about a days work so far.

I’m lucky as I get to make similar things to this at least 2-3 days a week in work and I’ve been freelancing using SketchUp full time for a year before I started, and then had been using it for fun for over 10 years before that.

I’d say I’ve learnt more in the last 3 years than the 13 before then! Going to Basecamp last year I saw a bunch of simple stuff I didn’t even know was a thing, mainly from @Box lol

I’ve also had to push myself a lot these last 18 months to keep up with new types of modeling so had to learn Blender and also a small part of Rhino as well as several visualization softwares.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m taking my time with this one, printing it as I go along, first test on now, see it in 17 hours fingers crossed

3 Likes

This new renault kangoo look verry great (joking lol)

Really another good work!
I love your stuff

1 Like

Hey Liam tips on drinking without quite falling down don’t count.

3 Likes

Halfway there!

4 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

Latest version with all the placeholders removed

6 Likes

Old model new render.

8 Likes

Mech WIP #15

9 Likes

I find the 10 year warrenty rather low, for Volvo standards?

V70-2.4 T(2002)-470.000km

1 Like

Agreed! I had nearly 400,000 miles on my P1800S, before I hit a high curb during an ice-storm.

3 Likes

Weyland-Yutani getting a little nod with “Building better worlds”?

1 Like

Gotta make those Space $$$, cant be giving these things away for free!

Oh wow you had a P1800, I sometimes see them in town and there are a few at the factory museum too.

Yes good spot!

Here are some images from yesterday.

7 Likes

Great car. I particularly liked the P1800ES.

An excavation contractor I was working with referred to his equipment as “Yellow Toys” since most Caterpillar machines are yellow. The term has stuck with me ever since.

Yes same in work, I think we call them ‘Yellow Machines’, Ive been lucky enough to work with three of them now hoping for some more, especially the mining ones they are monsters!

Amazon Fulfilment Drone 08

8 Likes

@liamk887 also. Yes, I had a 1966 1800S. As the original price was $3600 (USD), I think I paid $600 for it in 1972. It had over 200,000 on it when I got it, it was a bit beat up, but I loved it. It never failed to start on the first crank, even in New England weather. I was heart-broken when I ripped the uni-body apart upon hitting that curb.
I always loved the 1800ES too, but they only became more expensive because of the limited amount built.
A quick search of the 1800S series puts the price in the $40,000 dollar plus neighborhood. I guess I should have fixed mine. Oh well!