SketchUp Hardware Concept

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/4108a26a-53d7-4105-ad11-e0894ca02394/SketchUp-Hardware-Concept

New tool for the future of 3D design

Please be a bit more expressive when you post.

How does this simple model apply to SketchUp Extensions ?

2 Likes

Don’t worry. It’s for “the future”, not now.

1 Like

Hi Dan,

I would say that this concept of a hardware component to SketchUp’s software would be in fact an external extension much like an instrument that one would play or get in the “flow” to create 3D designs.

(You can edit previous posts via the pencil icon. It is best if your explanations go in the initial post of a topic thread.)

What does your “hardware component” do ?

What would it bring to SketchUp that the current Dynamic Components extension does not already bring ?

… or for that matter, what the Live Components that are under development bring to SketchUp ?

Do you mean like using a component library ?

I guess @anon9987062 is imagined a kind of equipment (a hardware) with some slider, knobs and wheel (maybe with touch surface?) to “extend” the usability of Sketchup (like e.g.: SpaceMouse ).
But he did not considered what the Extension is meaning here indeed…

I gave up guessing on such limited posts long ago :wink:

But I don’t see how you could come to such a guess. (Such hardware usability features are either a core feature, a hardware driver feature or implemented in the operating system.)

I can imagine anything, but even the opposite. :wink:

The key thing is : One of my colleagues who saw me using the SpaceMouse said something like this a few months ago: You use it as an instrument, how harmonious …

I still fail to understand how posting a simple model (of what we do not know) with not much of an explanation at all can lead to a guess of a navigational extension.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that this topic is at the best … a waste of time.

[TOPIC MUTED]

1 Like

Yes I agree. It seems to be at least off “category” post … :peace_symbol:

(Moved from Extensions category to Corner Bar… if I am off base, please let me know)

3 Likes