Sketchup gone subscription?

Can someone please explain what exactly the new Pro offers over the current Pro and what Studio offers to justify that kind of cost??

1 Like

What is trimble connect storage? I’m so lost here lol

Looks to me like it just adds Sefaira, yes? So, it’s a backward way of saying Sefaira cost $900/yr.
39%20PM

1 Like

“Classic” refers only to the licensing model, so we can differentiate between our subscription licenses and our “classic” perpetual licenses.

Trimble Connect (personal account, 10gb) is available to all users. For the full “business” account (unlimited storage) you would need to buy a subscription at the Shop, Pro or Studio level.

Sefaira is included in our SketchUp Studio subscription. LayOut is included in Pro and Studio.

That is correct. The main limitation is that if a layer with a dash style is used by a group or component instance, the dash style applies to all edges within the group. So, you may have to create some extra nested groups if you want only specific edges to receive the dash pattern.

Maybe this table will help

SketchUp Studio adds Sefaira to the features/products available in SketchUp Pro subscription.

Trimble Connect is a cloud collaboration platform for the AEC industry, with features that help teams coordinate building construction projects together.

1 Like

Thanks for the infosheet. Appreciate it.

What is the time span planned for Classic?

This should satisfy most of us, Thank You

Just thinking aloud - it’s kind of confusing that VR viewer is not included in “Classic” package (especially for long-time users). Fully understand the desire to move people to subscription (shame that transition arrangements are not ready yet), but why differentiate on this? As otherwise “VR-Viewer” could have been quite an interesting and “flashy” extra feature of SU2019. (and possibly less people would complain about dashed lines and tape-measure tool) And at this moment it lost well deserved attention.

This is why one person in here called it a “spit in the face”. It smells corporate all over it. I can imagine the boardroom meeting, with the corporate shills sitting there discussing how to make a business model that is similar to the rest of the crooked part of the industry. Without adressing the community or developers. They will please the shareholders in the short run. They will advance their careers. They don’t care about you. They don’t care about you. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

1 Like

I have active maintenance and support, did the classic for a single user just up the number of activations from 2 to 3 computers? Is that what I am seeing?

How do you download SketchUp shop? I just got SketchUp Studio, but there doesn’t seem to be any clear way to access any of the features beyond using SketchUp Pro. I can’t figure out how to open Sefaira either

HI @tysongersh hopefully you received my response on the Sefaira forum. I’ll just place the link to getting started with the plugins for Sefaira here, in the event that others might be trying to get started with Sefaira as well. Hope this helps.

SketchUp Shop is a version of SketchUp that runs in your web browser. No need to download anything. You can access it bh pointing your web browser at http://app.sketchup.com

I noticed that what exactly is Sefaira?

Whoops that table image has a typo. I’ll pass it on to the web team. The machine activation limit is 2. That has been the limit for our classic licenses for many years. Note that this year we finally mentioned this limit in the SketchUp EULA (Section 2.3).

1 Like

Energy modeling software for buildings.

the ‘corrected’ version of this table should be made a sticky at the top of a new thread…

it would go a long way in quelling a lot of peoples confusion and anxieties…

I can’t even find amongst the marketing pages…

is it an prototype, internal document that never made the cut?

john

2 Likes

I’ve updated the graphic with the correct activation limits. Here’s the image posted again, mea culpa for the confusion.

2 Likes

If I install 2019 Pro [classic] will my 2018 Pro still be avialable in 1 months time or is there a sunset time limit on 2018?