Sketchup For Schools Does not save

Sorry, but I am relatively new to sketchup, I was wondering where you uploaded the purged file?

At the end of my post with the screenshots.
Screenshot - 3_25_2021 , 4_21_33 PM

I believe my main problem was that the web version was incapable of purging without crashing. Or maybe my Internet connection was not good enough to purge the unused materials and components.

It wouldn’t be uncapable of purging if you don’t let things get out of hand.

This might be part of it.

It would be good to learn to keep your models under control and clean as you go. This sort of thing will make the modeling process easier and more efficient.

I have run into yet another issue. Unsure of why but I cant access the purged model?

Yeah you’re right, I didnt know about the need to purge unused materials and components it was mostly my fault.

What do you mean? Did you download it to your computer? Did you then try to open it in SketchUp?

How much instruction has your teacher given you regarding how to use SketchUp? Did they tell you about this purging theng?

yes, I downloaded it to my computer then to google drive because if I open the file straight from my computer it directs me to SketchUp 2017 which doesn’t work.

im very sorry to bother you Ill just search through the forums

Are you double clicking on the file to open it? If so, don’t. Go to Home in SketchUp for Schools and click Open. Then choose My Computer and find the file.
Screenshot - 3_25_2021 , 4_36_39 PM

I found the solution
It was a simple google search,
I was wondering if you were able to purge another file for me as I am uncapable of doing that?

If you get me the link to it soon. I have to leave shortly.

ok i will

just a sec

there you go

im sorry to keep you waiting

OK. Fixed incorrect tag usage and purged unused. Only about a 73% reduction on this one.
Screenshot - 3_25_2021 , 4_48_24 PM

Screenshot - 3_25_2021 , 4_49_03 PM

Link: Dropbox - File Deleted

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.