SketchUp 3D Warehouse models usage in comics

Am I able to use 3d warehouse buildings and/or objects for my comic background usage? I’ve noticed many webcomic artists use sketchup, or at least building programming tool for their backgrounds, but I wanted to know if it was okay to incorporate the 3d warehouse items for the background.

By the terms of use of the 3D warehouse, you are allowed to use the models.By installing SketchUp Make you agreed with the Terms of use of this software, which states that you may only use it for personal use. Anyone who uses SketchUp for backgrounds etc. and (tries) to use it commercial must use SketchUp Pro.
With the Pro version comes two separate programs which could be very usefull for artists : LayOut for 2D output and StyleBuilder for using your own handdrawn strokes( (edges are replaced by strokes)
Check : http://www.sketchupartists.org/
for inspiration.
If you use a model from 3D warehouse, you might wanna leave a comment or contact the owner, they already agreed with the TOS, but it’s a nice letting them know.

1 Like

I see, thank you for the detailed and helpful reply!

1 Like

You would best help yourself, to read these yourself:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.